Join me for an in-depth look at intermediate to advanced level Behat topics. Thanks to Behat, my company was able to take an application that only functioned about 50% of the time and had almost no forward progress due to bugs and regressions, and make it stable, tested, and are now adding features and releasing at least weekly. Learn from my years of experience in my talk on Behat: Beyond the Basics.
In this session we will cover:
– Guidelines to follow for writing accurate and easily understood tests
– Going from having no automated testing to having a stable product
– Testing legacy code vs new code
– Technical specifics:
– Capturing a screenshot on error
– Dealing with AJAX in your application
– Regular Expressions in Behat Contexts and more.
These are the slides from the February, 2016 presentation:
- Nomad PHP EU – October 2015
- Las Vegas PHP User Group – October 2015
- Dallas PHP User Group – October 2015
- Sunshine PHP – February 2016
- Lone Star PHP – April 2016