The first week of #Hacktoberfest is done! How’d you do? You just need to get one this week if you want to space out your four PRs over the month! Remember, they don’t have to be merged this month – so don’t worry if you don’t quite get it right, just give it a shot!
I thought it would be nice to do a weekly recap of the PRs I’m making this month as part of #hacktoberfest. I got 5 done so far, so I’m a little behind my own schedule, but I do have leads on a few other projects to work on. As I mentioned in my earlier post, If you have a PHP project that needs tests or just have a bug you need help with, feel free to message me and I’ll take a look, or just tag it with the hacktoberfest label and encourage people to work on it this month!
So, the 5 PRs I did so far included: a small bugfix to UUID, adding requested test coverage to two new-to-me libraries, and then improving some tests in UUID. My fifth PR was actually to fix an issue I introduced in one of those new libraries where I made the tests incompatible with older versions of PHP that they did want to support, so I started work on another PR to fix that, but I’m still debugging the issue.
Next week I plan on finishing that fix to that library so they can still run on older PHP versions, adding more tests to another library, and adding another requested feature to the Snorlax library I found this week. The maintainers of this library are very friendly, and I’ve enjoyed working on their project – so go check it out and see if it’s something you would use, or want to contribute to. They still have multiple issues open for #hacktoberfest!